"To Market" features weekly conversations with marketers. Dr. Scott Davis, a professor of Marketing and founder of SilverPlane video automation, interviews successful marketers to help you start a business, lead a team, understand consumer behavior, deliver and communicate benefits to your customers, and market new products. Scott interviews people from a range of marketing professions from social media managers to chief marketing officers.
Please Subscribe and Review my show
- My YouTube channel
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners (link: iTunes) – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “To Market with Scott Davis” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android listeners (links: Stitcher | Google Play Music) – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “To Market with Scott Davis.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
- For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ToMarketWithScottDavis
- For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio files on this page.
Interview with Angela Copeland
Career coach, author, and TEDx speaker Angela Copeland joins me to discuss career management. Angela and I discuss managing your social networks during a job search, negotiating your salary, changing careers, and looking for work after graduation.
Interview with Chris Do
Emmy award winning director and designer Chris Do joins me to discuss pricing strategy. Chris is the Chief Strategist and CEO of Blind and the Founder of The Futur— an online education platform that teaches the business of design. We cover a lot of ground in this episode including value-based pricing, determing a customer's perceived value, differential pricing ethics, pricing psychology, ultimate versus proximate customer needs, raising prices, the placebo effect, channel conflict, and benefits selling. Whew!
Lexie Sidney is the Director of Strategic Marketing for the Houston Dynamo and Dash. She shares her favorite campaigns from her experiences in sports marketing, discusses integration of traditional marketing components with digital and social, and shares insights on creating effective promotions. Stay tuned to find out which NHL team Lexie will support in the future.
- Houston Dynamo: www.houstondynamo.com/
- Paint It Black Campaign: www.houstondynamo.com/topics/paint-it-black
- Houston Dash: www.houstondynamo.com/es/houstondash
- Zoo Lights Houston Zoo: zoolights.houstonzoo.org/
Interview with Chris Westfall
This episode features my fellow Houstonian Chris Westfall. Chris is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, business coach, and U.S. National Elevator Pitch Champion. In this interview, Chris shares tips for making a NEW elevator pitch and dismantles some longstanding myths about how to sell.
Interview with Joey Korenman
Joey Korenman is the founder of SchoolofMotion.com and brings amazing insights to the table on finding and following your passion in life. He discusses planning and working toward your "perfect day" five years from now. Joey's perfect day inspired him to exit a successful motion design studio he founded and ran as creative director to pursue a new path in education. Some real "Ikigai" on display. Joey argues that the "gig economy" is here to stay and shares some freelancing wisdom. The video clip here digs into Joey's clever advice on using LinkedIn Recruiter to connect with hiring managers. This clip will change your perspective on finding work.
Interview with Lee Cockerell
Lee Cockerell is the former Executive Vice President of Operations for the Walt Disney World® Resort. Lee and I discuss internal marketing to employees, time management, marketing clues, company culture, career transitions, and starting your own business. The short video clip here shares Lee's take on "clue management" which involves purposefully planting clues to service quality for your customer detectives. Lee says that above all, pay attention to detail. EVERYTHING MATTERS!
Interview with Daniel Cotlar
Daniel Cotlar is the former Chief Marketing Officer for Blinds.com. He and I discuss Customer Journey Mapping, experimenting with customers, and measuring success. Daniel was a near-founder at Blinds.com and helped grow the company to $200 million in annual revenue. When The Home Depot acquired Blinds.com, Daniel stayed on to aid in the transition. What is remarkable about Blinds.com is that they were not just selling blinds, they were building a platform to solve complex customer problems. Daniel is an analytical marketer and a must listen.
Interview with Eric SanInocencio
Eric SanInocencio is the Senior Director of Digital Media for the Houston Texans. We discuss social media analytics, ad spend across social media channels, and breaking into the field of digital marketing. Eric is such a cool, down to earth guy and he offers actionable advice on managing your social presence. The video shared here is the full length interview with Eric.